Frequently Asked Questions
Who are we?
Founded in 1997, the then Australian Fisheries Academy was established as an industry-managed education centre for the fishing and seafood industries.
You can learn more about AMFA by going to our About Us page.
What training courses do we provide?
We provide a range of high quality courses. These include:
- Marine Radio Operator VHF & HF Skill Set (LROCP)
- Shipboard Safety Skill Set
- Exemption 38 Marine Safety
- Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal
- Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal
- Master Inland Waters
- Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal
- Master up to 35 metres Near Coastal
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 3
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 2
- Fisheries Compliance
- Flexible Industry Pathway Program
How many campuses do we have?
We have two campuses. One in Port Adelaide and one in Port Lincoln.
Port Adelaide Campus
20 North Parade,
Port Adelaide, SA 5015
Port Lincoln Campus
9 North Quay Blvd
Port Lincoln, SA 5606
Do our courses have a Virtual Reality component?
They certainly do. You can learn more about our VR options and incredible technology by Morild that we use for our courses and even sell by going to the Maritime Virtual Reality page.
How do I get in touch with AMFA for further information?
For any additional questions or inquiries, AMFA’s contact page contains email addresses and phone numbers. You can also visit our physical locations if it’s convenient for you.
Interested in learning more?
Visit our contact us page and get in touch with AMFA so we can help you!