This qualification is offered by AMFA to people who are employed or seeking employment in the seafood or maritime industries to:
- Command a commercial marine vessel
- Up to 12 metres in length
- With propulsion power that is unlimited for an outboard engine or up to 100kW for an inboard engine
- That is not carrying passengers
Operate this vessel:
- In sheltered waters or
- As a tender or auxiliary vessel within 3 nautical miles (nm) of a parent vessel within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) or
- Within 3 nm from point of departure, shore base or aquaculture lease
This qualification is part of the regulatory requirements to obtain a Coxswain Grade 2 NC Certificate of Competency (CoC).
For other regulatory requirements relating to the Coxswain Grade 2 NC CoC, please contact us.
Course Duration & Fees:
Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal)
Upon successful completion of this qualification you will receive a MAR10418 Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 2 Near Coastal) and a Statement of Attainment listing the appropriate units of competency from AMFA.
Interested in learning more?
Visit our contact us page and get in touch with AMFA so we can help you!